Susan J. Ormsby attended Seattle University before graduating cum laude from Seattle University School of Law, ranked by U.S. News & World Report as having the No. 1 Legal Writing Program in the country for the past seven years.
Before and after passing the California State Bar Exam in 2002, Ms. Ormsby started her legal career at the United States Attorney's Office in San Diego and thereafter at the Orange County District Attorney's Office in Orange County writing appeals and motions. In 2003, Ms. Ormsby continued her career at Corbett, Steelman & Specter, an AV Rated Orange County law firm, litigating various business matters from inception through to final appeal. In her nearly 13 years at the firm, Ms. Ormsby gained extensive experience in litigating negligence, business disputes, breach of contract, real estate, trusts, landlord / tenant and selected family law and criminal matters.
Over her career, Ms. Ormsby has had the opportunity to work on, as the attorney of record, on several notable cases. Below is a list of some, but not all, of those cases:
- Leslie Villelli v. R.A.V. et al.,
California Court of Appeal, 4th District, Case No. G046045
- Orange County Superior Court Case No. 30-2011 00439586.
- CB Richard Ellis v. Terra Nostra Consultants
et al., California Court of Appeal, 4th District Case No. G049803.
- Riverside Superior Court Case No. RIC 529827
- Howard Kavoussi et al. v. Bernd Moos, California
Court of Appeal, 4th District Case No. G046894. Denied review by California Supreme Court,
Case No. S215136.
- Orange County Superior Court Case No. 30-2009 00126207
- ASF Orthopaedic v. Choice Providers Medical et al., Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. LC092602
- Business Support Service v. American General, Orange County Superior Court Case No. 07CC06617
- Ricky Johnson v. Garrison Cold Storage, Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. LB 12C02483
- Matthew Kaplan v. Debera Fairchild,
Orange County Superior Court Case No. 05CC05481
- Representing Cross-Defendants Pacific West Syndication Group and Construction Disbursement Group, LLC.
- W.R. Layne Construction & Engineering v. Super Center Concepts, American Arbitration Association Case No.: 72 110 Y 01057 08